There are many resources available to you in your journey with Parkinson disease. WPA is here to help you make the connections you need. View the different pages under the Resources tab above, including past issues of Wisconsin Parkinson Magazine, our podcast, video resources, and so much more.
Here are some brochures and other handouts for you to view. We have all of these printed in our office, and we are happy to send them to you, or arrange for you to pick them up at our office or at a WPA event.
- Wisconsin Parkinson Association – who is WPA and how can we help you?
- Understanding Parkinson Disease – learn more about PD
- Parkinson Disease Glossary – a list of definitions and explanations related to PD
- Wisconsin Parkinson Magazine – the most recent issue of our quarterly magazine
- Join a Support Group or Exercise Group – how to find a support group in your area
- Constipation & PD – includes a recipe for “power pudding” for relief
- Contraindicated Drugs – a list of medications that should not be mixed with your PD medications
- Contraindicated Drugs for Cognitive Disorder Patients – a list of medication that should not be mixed with the treatment of cognitive disorders
- At Home Exercises – general exercises to address some of the problems found in Parkinson’s. If you have more specific problems, please consult your physical therapist or physician.
- Fall Prevention Tips – many falls can be avoided. Here are some tips on making your home safer, as well as floor and car transfer instructions.
- Find a doctor – Look up movement disorder specialists and neurologists in your area who treat PD
We hope you will attend educational programs in your area. Visit the Calendar page to see what programs we have coming up.
You might also consider joining an exercise class or a support group in your area. There are over 200 support groups and exercise groups around Wisconsin and the surrounding states. Many groups meet monthly or more often, and provide support and education about Parkinson’s in a non-medical setting.
One of the best things you can do is to educate yourself. Learn more about Parkinson’s and the resources available to you.
View the drop-down menu under the Resources tab, or click on each of these, for more information on:
- Support & Exercise Groups in your area
- Video recordings from recent programs
- “Ask the Expert” videos
- Wisconsin Parkinson Magazine
- Exercise Resources, including many at-home opportunities
- Recent news about Parkinson’s
- Local Medical Professionals who treat people with PD
- Community Resources to support you on this journey
Learn more about WPA
IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR THOSE WITH PARKINSONS